Kilkenny Local Community Development Committee (LCDC)
COMMUNITY ACTIVITES FUND
NOW OPEN FOR APPLICATIONS
The Community Activities Fund (CAF) provides funding to support community groups across Ireland.
The CAF is funded by the Department of Rural and Community Development (the Department) and administered by the Local Community Development Committees (LCDCs) in each Local Authority area.
Who is eligible for funding- Locally based community and voluntary groups in disadvantaged urban and rural areas, and, Not-for-profit organisations.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of projects that could receive funding under the programme:
- Development/renovation of community centres
- Community amenities
- Development of youth clubs or facilities
- Development of sports/recreation facilities
- Improvements to town parks and common areas and spaces
- CCTV equipment
- Public realm improvements
- Development of play/recreation spaces
- Energy efficiency type projects
- Purchase of equipment
- Adaptations or equipment needed as a result of COVID-19
- Maintenance of premises
- Utility Bills (electricity costs, refuse charges, heating charges)
- Operating costs (eg existing rental/lease costs, insurance bills)
- Website Maintenance
- Audit & Accountancy fees
Small scale project applications accepted for grants up of up to €1,000
Medium scale applications accepted for grants of up to €5,000
Large scale applications accepted for grants of up to €20,000
Please note medium and large scale projects will be limited in number and competitive in nature
How to apply? Application Forms & Guidelines are available for download from Kilkenny County Council website or by contacting:
Cora Nolan Tel: 056-7794931 E-mail:
The closing date for receipt of valid applications is Friday 2nd February, 2022.
For more information, click on the link below: