NOTICE OF PROPOSED DEVELOPMENT BY A LOCAL AUTHORITY
Comhairle Chontae Chill Chainnigh
Kilkenny County Council
Proposed development by a Local Authority
Planning and Development Acts 2000-2018
Planning and Development Regulations 2001-2018
Ormonde Street – Urban Enhancement & Improvement Works
In accordance with Part 8, Article 81 of the above Regulations, Kilkenny County Council as lead authority hereby gives notice of proposals pertaining to the following development:
Traffic management, carriageway, footpath and general public realm enhancements on Ormonde Street from its junction with Patrick Street to its junction with Lower New Street.
The proposed Ormonde Street Urban Enhancement and Improvement Works provide for:
- provision of a one-way vehicular traffic system for a distance of 82 metres from the junction with Patrick Street to the access to Patricks Court car park,
- retention of the two way vehicular traffic system from Patrick’s Court to Lower New Street,
- provision of the following general improvements to the Ormonde Street public realm;
- Widening and defining footways to Ormonde Street,
- Regulating parking through the provision of dedicated on-street parking and set-down areas for businesses on Ormonde Street,
- Structural and general improvement works to the carriageway surfaces,
- Improvement works to footway surface finish including enhancements for universal access,
- Creating additional spaces for outdoor seating and appropriate street furniture,
- Landscaping to include the removal of existing Lime trees and replacement with planter boxes or similar decorative landscaping,
- enhancement of public lighting standards along the street.
In accordance with the requirements of Article 120(1)(a) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended) the Planning authority has made a preliminary examination of the nature, size and location of the proposed development. The authority has concluded that there is no real likelihood of significant effects on the environment arising from the proposed development and a determination has been made that an Environmental Impact Assessment Report (EIAR) is not required.
As per Article 120(3) of the Planning and Development Regulations 2001 (as amended), where any person considers that the development proposed to be carried out would be likely to have significant effects on the environment, he or she may, at any time before the expiration of 4 weeks beginning on the date of the publication of this notice apply to An Bord Pleanála for a screening determination as to whether the development would be likely to have a significant effect on the environment.
Plans and particulars of the proposed development will be available for inspection from Friday the 14th of June 2019 to Friday the 12th of July 2019 inclusive, at the following offices:
Planning Section, From 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 4pm
Kilkenny County Council, Monday to Friday (Except Public Holidays)
John Street, Kilkenny City
Kilkenny City Engineering Office, From 9am to 1pm & 2pm to 5pm
Kilkenny County Council Monday to Friday (Except Public Holidays)
Details of the proposed development can be viewed at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/ and www.kilkennycoco.ie.
Submissions or observations with respect to the proposed development, dealing with the proper planning and sustainable development of the area in which the development will be carried out, may be made online at https://consult.kilkenny.ie/, in writing to Simon Walton, City Engineer, City Hall, High Street, Kilkenny or sent to the following e-mail email@example.com.
The latest date for receipt of submissions on the above scheme is Friday the 26th July, 2019. Submissions should be clearly marked ‘Ormonde Street Urban Enhancement’.